My ankle hurt a bit over the weekend so I took yesterday off. It was still hurting a little bit last night so when I went to bed late I had almost already talked myself out of running. I even had my excuses lined up and ready.
- I really need to let my ankle rest - it does still hurt right? Yea, there, if I move this way.
- I really need my sleep and I am going to bed late again.
- I know 50 isn't cold, but it’s chilly & hasn't been this chilly in a while - I might get chilled.
- Yea, there is that little pain in the ankle.... or is it because I am getting old?
- Wow, I am really tired and I am going to get sleepy later.
- Is it really 51 degrees out? That's awful chilly since it has been 70's and 80's lately.
- I will be really upset at myself if I go back to bed.
- I will feel much better if I get up and run.
- I can't run tonight because of my daughter's Track Banquet.
I got my butt out the door and went running. I am very happy about it, and had a great run even though it was only a short two miles. The best part was the killer second 7:25 mile I ran. The run felt great and was a WIN for the morning runner inside trying to get out.
Do you sometimes try to talk yourself out of running or is it just me? I can get this way both in the morning or the evening, it really doesn’t matter what time of day, sometimes I am just full of excuses.